The PlayStation Store has launched its Golden Week and May The 4th sales, offering gamers with discounted prices on titles such as Final Fantasy XV and Star Wars: Battlefront.
The discounts will be even bigger for PlayStation Plus members, another benefit for the subscription service that offers free games every month in addition to online play.
PlayStation Store Golden Week Sale
The PlayStation Store’s Golden Week sale includes a long list of titles that players can purchase at a discount.
Golden Week is a set of national holidays that are celebrated in Japan over the start of May. To mark Golden Week, the PlayStation Store has put up a total of 179 Japanese-developed titles across various platforms on sale.
Here are some of the prominent PlayStation 4 titles that have received discounts under the Golden Week sale:
* Nier: Automata Day One Edition – from $59.99 to $44.99 ($42 for PS Plus subscribers)
* Final Fantasy XV – from $59.99 to $41.99 ($36 for PS Plus subscribers)
* Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – from $59.99 to $41.99 ($36 for PS Plus subscribers)
* Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road to Boruto – from $49.99 to $42.49 ($40 for PS Plus subscribers)
* Gravity Rush 2 – from $59.99 to $41.99 ($36 for PS Plus subscribers)
* Gravity Rush Remastered – from $29.99 to $17.99 ($15 for PS Plus subscribers)
* Tales of Berseria – from $59.99 to $41.99 ($39 for PS Plus subscribers)
It should also be noted that classic RPGSuikoden II is included in the Golden Week sale for just $2.99, from the original price of $9.99. However, the PlayStation 1 game is only compatible with the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Persona 4 Golden, the PlayStation Vita predecessor to the massively popular Persona 5, is also offered in the sale, with its price going down from $29.99 to $11.99 and even further down to $9 for PS Plus subscribers.
The sale ends on May 9.
PlayStation Store May The 4th Sale
The PlayStation Store is also celebrating May the 4th, popularly known as Star Wars Day, by giving out discounts for various Star Wars games across various platforms. Unlike the Golden Week sale, most games have the same discounted price whether or not the customer is a PlayStation Plus subscriber.
Here are some of the prominent titles featured in the May the 4th sale:
* Star Wars: Battlefront for PlayStation 4 – from $19.99 to $9.99
* Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PlayStation 4 – from $9.99 to $4.99
* Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deluxe Edition for PlayStation 4 – from $39.99 to $27.99
* Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II for PlayStation 3 – from $19.99 to $4.99
* Star Wars: Racer Revenge for PlayStation 4 – from $9.99 to $4.99
The sale also ends on May 9, offering games that Star Wars fans can play while waiting for Star Wars: Battlefront II.
PlayStation Plus Bonuses
The additional discounts in the Golden Week and May the 4th sales are just some of the many perks for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
The service also offers free games that can be downloaded every month. For the month of May, PlayStation 4 owners with an active PlayStation Plus subscription can download Tales from the Borderlands and Abzu for free.